Monday, November 5, 2012

Last REGULAR SEASON Monday.

 
Javonte King :  This kid is a Player. 
 
 
Zach Finnegan- Center/Defensive Line
 
These are two of our finest.  I have been touting Javonte King all year long, and I will continue to tout him until he signs with a major college somewhere.  Javonte is a FIERCE hitter, a great team leader, and a fantastic athlete....best of all, he is a great kid.  Javonte has the grades and test scores to go anywhere, and a college would be lucky to have this kid.  He is just special student/athlete. 
 
Zach Finnegan is a Junior Lineman on our team, and he has grown up to be a real beast.  Built like his Dad, Zach is a POWERFUL young center with great feet and great speed for a lineman.  I have always like this kid, and I have watched him turn into a "little-bit-nasty" force on our offensive line.  I often ask him: "Zach, help me out a little with the snap"  when we are having QB/Center exchange issues.  I am sure there is no love lost between him and Hakeem, but Zach always works with me with no questions.  I am sure he gets tired of hearing this, but Zach is Nikko's little brother, so now you understand how great athletes run in this family.  Zach has certainly paved his own way onto our football team.  I am hoping he will stay in-state for college so I can watch him play on Saturday. 
 
Well, it's time to move on.  We won the district outright, so we will host the first round of the playoffs against Palm Bay Heritage.  But first, we have some unfinished business.  We are preparing for our last regular season game against East Lake HS out of Clermont.  Truthfully, we do not know much about them, but they look very big and athletic on video.  Again, we will have our hands full.  Even though this game means nothing to us right now, we must finish the regular season on a high note before entering the playoffs.  Hakeem is a little beat-up right now, so we are trying to rest him for a couple of days.  Austin Hatch took a majority of the snaps today, so we will be just fine.  He came into Friday's game (completely cold) off the bench when Hakeem got hurt, and he drove the team down the field for a touchdown to set the tone for the rest of the game.  We are very lucky to have Austin as our back-up QB. 
 
My leg is feeling a little better right now, but I am still fighting the swelling issue.  I wish I could just prop up the leg and relax for a few days to allow it to heal.  But I can't do that right now.  So, I must suffer the consequences. 
 
I am going to call it quits for tonight. 
 
GZ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment