Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saying Goodbye to a Legend (WIN 45-27)

 
 
 
Tonight we said goodbye to Coach Wilson at halftime of our game against East  Ridge.  Everyone around here calls Coach Wilson "The Ranky Dank" so I will call him "Dank" while I am writing about him.  Like I said in an earlier posting, Dank has been coaching at the HS level for fifty years.  Behind my own Father and Grandfather,  Dank is probably the most influential man in my life.  I have learned so much about coaching and more importantly, "Lessons in Life" from this man.  Dank has touched the lives of countless young people in our area, and it would be impossible  to even begin listing all of his accomplishments.  Check out this link:  http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/nov/09/no-headline---tc_ir_wilson/
 
We won last night 45-27.  It was a great game for us, and we came out healthy heading into the playoffs.  My back-up QB Austin Hatch played the whole game, and he did a fantastic job. I was extremely proud of him.  I was also proud of Hakeem for being a leader on the sideline and helping me out all night long.  The entire team played very well, and we are ready to make a run in the playoffs. 
 
I have lots more to say about the game and our preparation for Palm Bay Heritage, but I wanted Dank to have the focus tonight.
 
Check the blog tomorrow night. 
 
GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment