Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another Week Started

Kramer Carrying Lombardi off the field 
I love this photograph taken in 1967 after Green Bay defeated the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 1.  Lombardi was a mean and rough coach, but the players adored him.  Jim Ringo (Green Bay Packer's Center) once said:  "Coach Lombardi treats us all the same......like dogs!"  The "Lessons in Life"  that Lombardi taught his players are still talked about today. 
 
I am sorry for the ENGLISH I used and wrote in my late posting last night.  I literally finished the posting at 4 AM,  and I was just about sleeping I guess. I read my posting again this morning and said: "Who the hell wrote that?"  Please read my posting again, and it will make more sense now. 
 
This is SUNDAY, and I have the day off....or do I?  No, not a chance.  I went to the school this morning and continued to wash the team laundry.  (I have to call on the expertise of my female readers.  The uniforms are NOT looking very clean already, and we can't figure out why.  Am I washing too many at one time?  Should we be using bleach?  Should we be using Oxy-Clean or something?  Please talk with me or write a response on this blog to help me figure this out)  After changing the laundry, I went to the football facility and checked on the water machines and ice machine which is broken again.  Then, I came home and worked on various football related things all day long.

 
Wrist bands (and Hats) Cleaned and Ready 
 
I had to wash and dry the wrist bands today.  The wrist bands are the life blood of our offense, and it is important that I keep them in good order.  Each offensive player wears one of these expensive ($12 a piece) bands, and most of our offensive plays are written on them.  Although the three page play insert cards are laminated, I do not wash the bands with the cards inside of them.  I must remove the card inserts, wash and dry the bands, and then reinsert the cards when they are dry.  I usually try to wash my practice hats at the same time.  Marty says my HATS smell like the dirty wrist bands.  I don't know about that, I think they all smell just fine....much like my truck smells just fine to me.  I know when it is time to wash my hats however.  When my Dog Raleigh sneezes when he smells my hats, it is usually time to clean up the stink. 
 
Finally, I have spent this evening preparing our scout defense cards for this week.  We have some video on this weeks opponent (Ft. Pierce Central) and they are a top ranked team in the state.  We have our hands full with this team for sure, so we started preparing for them immediately after our game on Friday night.  We usually match up with them very well, so this is going to be a good game on the road at Ft. Pierce Lawnwood stadium.  I don't mind going to Lawnwood Stadium.  This old stadium is a city-owned facility which is shared by three different St. Lucie County schools.  The field is generally in great shape, and it is an easy road trip for us.  However, it is really going to be nice to play a game at home for a change. 
 
I'm out!  I am exhausted. 
 
GZ
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment