Monday, September 10, 2012

Underdogs AGAIN


 
Storm Clouds Over Sebastian 
 
This thunderstorm and lightning pattern we are experiencing is getting very old.  The weather is making it nearly impossible to get in a full practice.  We have so much to work on, and we desperately need the preparation time; consequently, there is only so much we can do under our stadium stands.  Unfortunately, our gym is being painted, so we can't even go in there.  I guess Coach Miller has the right idea.  We may have to practice at 5AM to get any work done, especially if the weather pattern continues once our district schedule arrives. 
 
I arrived at school early to bring our finished laundry down to the equipment room.  I guess Coach Bethel had his PE kids separate and fold (by number) the jerseys and separate and fold  the game pants by size.  This is a big help to Coach Wilson and Coach Brown.  All they have to do from this point is put the pants on the shelf, and hang the jerseys in numerical order.
 
The equipment room is hollowed ground to us coaches.  This area belongs to Coach Wilson and Coach Brown.  Occasionally, I will be allowed in there to give them a hand; however, I generally never go in that room for any reason....and I have a key.  Those guys know the work area, and they know where everything is stored and where everything belongs.  You should see the "Death Look" those guys give anyone (including Coach Bethel) who walks into the room uninvited.  Out of  respect of Coach Wilson (and FEAR) I just do not go in there.  Feels kind of creepy to be honest.   
 
I mentioned earlier that Coach Bethel had his PE kids help with the laundry.  This reminds me of when I played high school ball.  We could always depend on an easy grade if we took a coach's class.  It did not matter what sport he coached, or what class he was teaching, it was always an easy "A" or at least a "B" if you put forth some sort of effort.  Our Head Track Coach was teaching a History class or something like that, so a bunch of us decided to take his class.  From the very first day of the period, we never cracked a book, and he never taught a single lesson.  (Coach was always working on track meets or cross country meets)  About once a week, he would show us a film (out of the library-reel to reel) and give us a verbal test on the film at the end of the week.  I remember watching "Patton" and "Herby The Love Bug" in his class.  It was frigging AWESOME.....until he needed to enter our grades for the period.  Somehow, he decided that we were going to be graded on a coin flip....HEADS  it was an "A" and TAILS it was a "B".......I got a "B."   Man, I was pissed; however, I did get to see some good movies in class.  LOL, stuff like that just does not happen today! 
 
Big GRICE ready to go!  Looks like an Offensive Tackle to me! 
 
More Tomorrow!
 
GZ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment