Sunday, September 16, 2012

LOST 28-6


Preparing to Feed
 
I am sorry I have not posted anything for a couple of days.   Truthfully, I just have not had any time to do so.  I had the extra work of redesigning the wrist bands twice in one week, not to mention the flip board problems etc..  I will try to stay on top of everything from here on end.  Now , I will get you guys caught up. 
 
We played a very good Ft. Pierce Central (FPC) Cobras team on Friday night.  FPC is nationally ranked, and they are ranked in the top ten in Florida as well.  We knew that they were going to be a tough challenge going in.  We arrived in Lawnwood stadium at about 5:15 pm.  The Cobras were already on the field with their special teams.  Our guys quickly got dressed and came onto the field at 5:40 for special teams.  The whole period was very sloppy as far as I was concerned.  We were missing passes, making bad throws, and we had footballs flying all over the place.  The whole period just pissed me off to no end; so I cut the period off a little short to water down while awaiting the rest of the team to come onto the field.  Finally, the rest of our team came onto the field and we all stretched together.  When we went to INDY, I re-grouped our guys and started the whole day over again.  The players were much better this time, and things looked a little more organized and sharp.  I guess experience counts for something.  I had a chance to watch FPC a little during their warm-ups too. 
 
What an amazing group of athletes they have.  Almost every player looked like they could play.  Athlete  after athlete at every position.  FPC has not always been this way.  A couple of years ago, they had an influx of athletes from Ft. Pierce Westwood, and that really got them rolling.  Naturally, Westwood has struggled since then.  Anyway, the game started, and our DEFENSE played like mad men. Our kids played their hearts out against a much bigger opponent, and it kept us in the game.  Again, we just could not get thing rolling on offense; consequently, we kept the defense on the field much too long at times.  I think the score was 7-0 going into the half.  We came onto the field for the second half, and things started to go south for us.  Our defense played extremely hard and tough, but FPC kept throwing fresh athletes (at our two way players) and they just wore us down, plain and simple.  BOOKIE TAYLOR and JAVONTE KING are WARRIORS.  These kids can play for any college at any level.  (If by chance there are college coaches looking at this blog, send me a message to get info about these kids)  Our entire defense needs some accolades for their performance.  Offensively, we keep putting them in bad situations, but they keep coming to our rescue. 
 
Offensively, we are just not clicking right now.  We keep making these bad mistakes and making stupid penalties to put us behind the chains.  We have some great athletes on our side, but we can't get it together it seems.  We know it is going to happen, but we keep waiting for the explosion. 
(Have you ever seen one of those old western movies when the bad guys are trying to blow up a bridge to derail the old train loaded with treasures?  They always prewire the dynamite to this old wooden box with a "T" handle on the top.  When the T handle is depressed, the dynamite receives a voltage jolt and sets off the explosion.  Remember the waiting period before the explosion?  This is how I feel while waiting for our Offense to come to life)  -We have this new transfer athlete name Nate Pryor. This kid is an amazing athlete, and he is so explosive. (I used to coach his Daddy) Nate had a 74 yd TD Romp which put us on the board in the  3rd qtr.  My QB Hakeem is really struggling right now...he has no confidence at all.  I feel bad for the kid....  The failure of the entire offense is blamed on the QB.  I try to help him out all I can, but a QB must 'Accept the Risk of Leadership' if he wants to play the position.  Besides, I don't have much say in what we do anymore.  I only coach a single position.... Yet, I keep grinding it out. 
 
OLD Flair and OLD Hogan giving a show! 
 
I love watching the old wrestlers put on a show like this.  These old guys paved the way for the younger generation, but our society throws them away like yesterday's trash.  Do the older guys still have something to offer?  ABSOLUTELY!  The older guys offer years and years of experience that just can't be replaced.  This "Lesson in Life" is sometimes learned too late. 
 
Will check in tomorrow. 
 
GZ
   

No comments:

Post a Comment