Saturday, September 29, 2012

HOMECOMING PREP Has Started.

                                                        Chaise Permenter #8 



I love these photographs of one of our JV players, Chaise Permenter.  I took this picture with my cell phone while the JV team was warming up for their game against South Fork High School.  Chaise is a tough kid, he comes to practice everyday, he never complains, and he gives you 100% of everything he has to offer.  Chase just happens to be a Little Person.  Does Chaise want to be treated differently?  Absolutely not!  On the contrary, Chaise just want to be treated just like everyone else on the team. We had some uniform issues when Chaise first joined the team; however, Marty took care of that very quickly.  Marty adjusted the uniforms to fit Chaise's unique build, and he now looks no different than any other member of our team.  I was completely PAID IN FULL (readers of my blog will  understand this statement) when I saw the sparkle in his eyes when he dressed in his new equipment which looked exactly like his teammates.  I am working on some big news concerning this young man and our football program.  I will need your (my reader's) help when this all goes down!  VERY EXCITING! 
 
First, I am sorry for not writing in a couple of days.  However, this was our week off from football, so I kind of took a break in writing to recharge my batteries.  We did practice all week long, but it was really laid back.  We wanted our kids to have some fun and get healthy for our district run coming up.  We have a tough district game coming up next Friday against Olympic Heights who is undefeated.  This is also our homecoming game, so the school has all kinds of celebration activities planned for the week.  Problem is that we have a big game to prepare for, so we must keep our kids focused on the game itself.  I am hearing about Homecoming Dances, Homecoming Parades, Powder Puff Games, etc..  Hey, I was young once too, so I want the kids to participate in all the festivities as long as we get in the work for the game. We have to stay focused on our goals, and not let the distractions get in our way. 
 
Last night a bunch of coaches drove down to Palm Beach County to scout the Olympic Height/ Boynton Beach game.  Me, Randy, Coach Wilson, and Anthony all drove down to Boynton in Randy's H-2 Hummer.  Jefferson, Willis and Flemming met us down there.  Randy exchanged video with their head coach, and we watched a pretty good game.  I am happy we saw this team in person.  Sometimes when we watch a team on video only, we can't get a true view on a team's size or the type of athlete's they may have.  We all watched the game from the stands and socialized really.  We have our hands full next Friday night in Shark's Stadium. 
 
One of our battery cows failed two nights ago.  I could not believe it.  I took it home and discovered that the motor and pump was completely shot.  I performed an autopsy (call me Dr. G) on the unit and figured out what happened.  The unit was used by the JV team on Wednesday during their pre-game.  They emptied the unit of water and plugged it up to the charging port.  However, someone did not turn the unit off, and the motor ran dry for several hours and burned it up.  I am going up to Northern Tool in Melbourne to get another pump tomorrow.  I also worked for several hours on our latest version of the wrist bands we wear during the game. Bethel gives me the information he wants on the bands, and I figure out a way to make it all happen in a way the players will understand.  We have a complex offensive system, so this chore is not always easy. However, this much I do know, NO ONE else can do what we do with our no huddle system, so it is worth the effort. 
 
 
More Tomorrow!  Maybe some exciting news too! 
 
GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment