Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Another Great Day

                                "Fred" The Water Cow is Sick...Very Sick

                              Performing a Heart-Lung Transplant on "Fred" 

                            "Fred Gets a new Heart and Lungs (Pump &Motor) 

                                  "Fred" get a new Ticker  (Battery) 

I should have been a Surgeon.  As I told you on my last blog entry, one of my water cows failed on me.  I was really surprised by this, but I did manage to find out what happened.  On Sunday, I rebuilt the the entire machine by replacing the pump and battery.  I went to Northern Tool (in Melbourne) and picked up a pump used to draw water in an RV.  This 12 Volt pump is self priming with an automatic cut-off switch.  I modified the pump to fit inside of the metal box (chest cavity) and rewired the electrical components as well.  The surgery went very well, and the machine is again pumping the ole-life sustaining H2O .  YEP.......Sniff, Sniff!!  lol  (Sorry, old Barney Fife reference...my kids will understand!) 

Again, I am sorry for slacking on my Blog a little bit.  I have been writing quite a bit actually; however, I am deeply involved in a project which will hopefully benefit the entire team at SRHS. I am not going to say anything about it yet, but hopefully an announcement will be coming shortly. 

The team is preparing for our homecoming game against Olympic Heights on Friday night.  The week is filled with all sorts of distractions, but we are managing to get in some fantastic practices.  Luckily, the homecoming dance was last Saturday night.  We have a parade on Thursday along with the Powder Puff game and bonfire later that evening.  We want the kids to have some fun and enjoy the festivities, but we also want them to stay focused.  I was talking with Brad DeMarco (one of our big offensive tackles) and found out he is a powder-puff cheerleader.  I love this......because......YES, I was also a powder-puff cheerleader in high school. 

Ok Mason, before you laugh at me, here is the story.  Me and a few of my teammates were dating some varsity cheerleaders.  They (the cheerleaders) though it would be cute to dress us up in cheerleader garb and teach us how to cheer at the powder-puff game.  My mother had this big-busted friend we all called "Big Mamma"  She had these huge bras that each of us wore under our cheerleader shirts.  Of course, we stuffed those bras with foam rubber, tissue, and just about anything else to bring our bust size to around 46DDDD.  To us, this was just the thing to do!  We had a single cheerleader practice before the big game on Thursday evening.  We learned a couple of simple cheers and routines, and we learned how to bounce around and scream and all that kind of stuff.  Of course, we forgot all the cheers and routines before the game, but it did not even matter.  We had fun showing off our legs and butt....and of course our big Ta-Ta's. 

Our darn defense is a pain-in-the-ass to scrimmage against.  They are sure flying around the ball right now, and they are playing extremely fast.  Problem is that many of their players know our offense as well as we know our offense.  In fact, Bookie and Javonte are calling our audibles before we are calling them.  The offense is really starting to roll right now.  We have three good running backs (Nate, OJ, Nick) who divide the duties of moving the ball on the ground.  Our big line is healthy again, so Friday's game should be a good one. 

I am done for now.  More tomorrow! 

GZ





No comments:

Post a Comment