Sunday, October 21, 2012

Walking it Off!

 
Kelsey Giving Me A Concert
 
 
Kelsey & Kirby on "Stage" at PawPaws Work
 
I love these kids....plain and simple.  In the top photograph, Kelsey is attempting to give me a private concert on the very same day she received her guitar for her birthday.  Marty and I purchased her this "Kona" Pink guitar for her birthday.  She is wearing my Cavalry Hat that Michael sent me from Germany.  I guess she thought it looked like a cowgirl hat.  The guitar is not a toy, and I think PawPaw just may arrange some guitar lessons for her in the near future.  Its funny.  I NEVER allow anyone to handle (or wear) my cavalry hat for any reason; for it is among my prized possessions.  Now it does not seem to be so important anymore.  Truthfully, Kelsey could RUIN the hat and it would not be the end of the world.  I have tried to teach Kelsey to "Be Nice" to my stuff, and she has never disappointed me....so she can borrow (or take) anything of mine she wishes.  LOL.  Kristin just looks at me and shakes her head. She knows Kelsey has me wrapped around her little finger. 
 
I love the bottom photograph too.  Kelsey and Kirby came by my office to visit while they were in town.  Naturally, Kelsey had to stand on her work table "stage" while she was there, and Kirby had to mimic her too.  Kirby is a little pistol, and very strong willed.  She does everything on "Kirby Time" and she is not too quick to warm up to anyone.  PawPaw worked hard to get on her good side, and she came around to my side before she left.  She will learn.  Getting on PawPaws good side can be very beneficial.  I just wanted to hold and love on her a little, and when that happened, my heart melted just like it did from Kelsey.  I just love these babies.  I admit it. 
 
Not much going on with football today, just my normal Sunday routine.  In the last two days, I have done a ton of laundry for the team.  Marty and I completed the last of it today and took it down to the stadium equipment room.  The room is packed with clean laundry, and it all has to be folded and put up on the shelves.  We had our normal weekly meeting at Randy's house today.  It turned out to be a three hour film session and planning period.  We are preparing for our game with Forest Hill on Friday, so we are not taking anything for granted.  Forest Hill has not won a game; however, they have some talent and could give us some issues if we do not bring our "A" game.  South Fork (SF) is playing Olympic Heights on Friday night too; thus, providing they win, we will be playing (SF) for the district championship in two weeks.  The tension is starting to build....with me anyway. 
 
I was walking around my truck today, and I smacked the shit out of my knee by running into my trailer hitch.  I really smacked it good.  After I rolled on the ground a little, I got up and walked it off....like a man....unlike Honey Boo Boo.  Then, I looked down at my throbbing knee, and the damn thing was swelled like a grapefruit from the knee cap down.  I sure as hell ruptured something for it to swell like this, but I have no idea what could have happened.  I don't think I will bother Mason too much this week about his sore knee.  I know I am hurting as I write this blog tonight.  Maybe I will get Hilary to look at it tomorrow....out of Mason's sight.   I can't give him more ammunition against me. 
 
More Tomorrow. 
 
GZ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment