Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day of Turmoil.

 
PawPaw, Did you see that?  (Grice)  I love his colors! 
 
 
PawPaw, I tried to cut block him!  (Grice)
 

Queens of my Heart: Kelsey and Kirby 
 
 
Kirby wearing PawPaw's colors. 
 
Well, the hurricane has thrown everything in a turmoil.  All after-school activities were cancelled today, and school was cancelled tomorrow as well.  Originally we had planned to have a normal pre-game practice today even though we knew there would not be a game on Friday.  However, when the school board cancelled everything, it threw a wrench into those plans.  There was a chance that the game could have been played on Saturday morning down at Forest Hill, and we all were hoping this was going to be the case.  No dice Chino.... did not happen.  The game will be played on Monday afterall.  This is really going to suck.  Last week we did not get home until 2am or so, and the kids still have school on Tuesday.  Going to be a hectic week.  This may push Coach Miller over the edge.  Hmmmm.  I wonder if I can get his motorcycle? 
 
We are planning on bringing the kids in to practice on Saturday.  This will be a helmets and shorts type of practice, but I expect it to be quite intense.  Afterall, when we win, we guarantee ourselves at least a spot in the playoffs; then, we control our own destiny.  Beat South Fork and we are the district champions.  Unfortunately, we MUST start preparing for South Fork even though we play Forest Hill on Monday.  But, what choice do we have?  What choice do they have?  They are in the same boat as we are.  I respect their program.  Coach Levelle has always run a clean program, and I am sure he will have his kids ready to play as well.  Luckily, this year we play them at home.  This will be a battle of two evenly matched teams.  It could come down to coaching.  Like I have always said, NO ONE will out-work our staff to get the kids prepared.  Big games bring out the best in well prepared teams. 
 
Bethel will be pretty intense this week, and he will be miserable to work with.  However, Randy has a lot of experience in playing big games from his Miami days.  Miami vs Florida State.  Miami vs Nebraska.  Miami vs Notre Dame.  The list goes on and on.  So, I am curious to see how he verbally prepares our kids for this big game.  Will he draw on his experience with Jimmy Johnson?  Maybe he will draw on his experience with Dennis Erickson?  Maybe the experience will be from all his coaches, I don't know.  However, Randy is very good at coming up with the right words for the kids.  I admire that.  However, he may be a little short with the coaches.  So, I warned him that he better learn how to talk to me, because I was about to put his ass in a RIC FLAIR Figure Four Leglock and make him tap out!! 
 
 
WHOOOOOOOO!  
 
 
 This is going to be a long week for all of us.  I will do my best to keep everyone up-to date with what is going on.  If you see me in Walmart or Home Depot, and I don't speak, please forgive me.  I get sort of zoned out and I do not see anything else but opposing defenses.....until the game is over.
 
Later,
 
GZ
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment