Sunday, September 2, 2012

LOST: 27-0

 
 
 
Top:  Helmet and Decal:  Middle: Nick Cooper wearing new travel uniforms. Bottom: Hakeem Rainey warming up before our game!
 
 
OK.  Here it is.  I am sorry I have not written in my blog for a couple of days, but I have been trying to get an early start on preparing for Centennial on Friday night.  As most of you know by now, we got out butt handed to us by Vero Beach (VB) 27-0 on Friday night.  We were completely dominated by a superior team (on that night.)  We arrived at the Citrus Bowl and the atmosphere was electric.  The fans (8500 in attendance) were pouring into the stands, the bands were already playing, and VB was already on the field warming up.  I could tell we were tight after we came out for special teams.  I thought the kids warmed up pretty well, so I had hopes the tightness would disappear after kickoff.  On the contrary, it just got worse.  We had eleven (11) team penalties in the first half alone.  Just mental mistake after mental mistake doomed us.  The offense was horrible and we could not get anything going and could not get into any kind of rhythm.  We kept putting our defense in bad positions time and time again.  The defense tried to hold its own, but VB kept coming after our inexperienced players (as would any good coach) Truthfully, we have several players going both ways, and the VB depth just wore us down at all levels.   VB Coaches did a nice job preparing for us, and I offer no excuses.  We just got beat by a better team on this particular Friday night. 
 
 

 
Visitor's Sideline Press Box 
 
Its funny.  I did not hear from my daughter (Kristin) until Sunday morning.  She is such a coach's daughter that she still understands my moods after all these years!  I guess I must have put her through this type of thing once or twice in my career.  LOL.  About the only voices I wanted to hear that evening were from Kelsey and Kirby....I always want to hear from them. 
 

I did not want to get get out of bed on Saturday morning.  I was / am completely physically and mentally drained, but the real season starts right now.  We have to get our team pointed in the right direction, so this means we all have to work harder to make this happen.  I arrived at school at 7:30 am to change over the laundry I started the night before.  By this time, the JV coaches were getting their kids on the field for a full practice (they play on Tuesday night)  I went right up to Randy's room to begin breaking down the PSL Centennial/ Merritt Island game from Friday night.  So, we began the week again. 
 
Marty and I went to The Melbourne Flea market this morning so I could visit the sign shop located in this "trashy" place as Marty calls it.  The sign guys hook me up with things I need for our team.  Then, I met with Randy today at 4pm for a couple of hours.  I worked on our flip numbers and wrist bands until I started writing this blog at 11pm.  YES, we are practicing tomorrow morning (Labor Day) as is our tradition.  Bethel always said: "We are LABORING on Labor Day!"  Fact is, we need to work tomorrow.  We have so much to do.   
 
 
GOOD NEWS!!!  I found ELVIS PRESLEY working at the Flea Market in Melbourne!  I always heard he still may be alive, but I confirmed the rumors with my own eyes today.  I placed $1.00 in his tip jar today, and he posed for this awesome photograph.  He was singing right next to the snack bar, and as he was walked up and down the aisles, he swooned the old ladies while sweating all over their french fries with sweat dripping off his awesome chest hair.  His dyed-black hair color was running down his neck and making long streams down his chest as it mixed with his sweat.  I did not realize that Elvis was about 5'2" and spoke with a heavy NY accent.  Oh well!  THE KING LIVES!! 
 
More Tomorrow. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment