Friday, August 3, 2012

OK, HERE WE GO!!

Hey Everyone!  It's that time again!  We begin practice on Monday.  There have been several big changes since I last posted, and over the next couple of days, I will try to get everyone caught up on the events of my life......and getting everyone caught up on whats happening with Sebastian River High School Football. I will still be careful on giving away too much information. 

  I have decided to go ahead and use all the coaches names in my blog.  These guys are all adults, and I am sure they won't mind.  So, good or bad, I am going to do it.  Truthfully, most of these guys are much bigger and stronger than me, so don't expect much negative stuff  LOL.  It would be so hard to say anything negative anyway, for all these guys are HARD WORKING dudes, and we are all very close.  There are no boundaries with any of us...nothing is off-limits.  We tease and joke un-mercifully with each other; yet each of us is fiercely protective of one another.  Black-White or Latin, we are all brothers on this staff.  Do we fight and argue?  Sure we do.  What brothers do not fight?  When I look at these guys, I do not see color....I see family.  Love?  It's a word you may not expect a football coach to use when speaking about the other coaches and players; nevertheless, it is a word we use quite a bit on our staff. 

I am going to be extremely careful in using individual player's names in the blog.  I have used Mason's name a few times in previous blogs (he is almost family, so I am allowed to do this.)  I will very rarely use the last name of any player....unless it is necessary to tell the story.  But rest assured, I would never embarrass anyone in any way. 

There were some rumors that we were hiring a new defensive coordinator.  This was a move which was not popular with any of us, and I will not go into the dynamics of why the move was deemed necessary.  In fact, Randy did hire one guy pre-spring.  For some reason it did not work out.  Then Randy hired another guy (a former college all-american, and professional player.)  He was a great guy and really took the bull by the horns.  We all all liked him, and he fit right in with all of us.  This guy spent most of the summer with us while we trained with our players.  I thought: "You know, this is going to work out great."   Unfortunately for us (fortunately for him) a college football coaching opportunity came up, and he took the job.  We have no ill-will towards him.  Hell, I would have done the same thing.  Now, here is the good news!  Billy Miller, and Tyrone Perry will share the Defensive Coordinator duties for us this season!  This makes me so happy!  Perry and Miller (my brothers) are long-time coaches on our staff, and I trust them unconditionally.  Finally, I believe the defense has all the pieces they need to be REALLY GOOD this season.  Our spring game proved this fact. 

Here is our football staff for this season: 

Randy Bethel- Head Coach
Bill Wilson Sr. - Asst Head Coach- Running Backs
Tyrone Perry- Co-Defensive Coordinator- Defensive Backs
Billy Miller-  Co-Defensive Coordinator- Linebackers
Charles Washington- Offensive Line
Kendrick Willis- Offensive Line
Joe Nathaniel- Head JV Coach- Coordinator- Offensive Line 
Tony Brown- Defensive Line-Equipment 
Chris Jefferson- Defensive Line 
Keith Matthews- Wide Receivers- Defensive Backs
Tony Fleming- Defensive Line
Coach Martinez- Linebackers
George Zaleuke- QB's- Running Backs

Some us work primarily with the varsity and then help out with the JV.  Some of us work primarily with the JV, and help out with the varsity.  Either way, we all work hard with all of our kids. 

That's it for tonight.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment