Sunday, August 19, 2012

Countdown To Game Starts Today!



The NATURE BOY

You guys did not think I was done with the Ric Flair stuff did you?  NO WAY!  Here is a photograph of Flair wearing one of his famous robes.  The wrestlers themselves are considered independent contractors, so each wrestler must purchase his own gear.  I read that Flair spent thousands of dollars on his famous colorful robes.  I used to love a famous Flair wrestling ring tactic.  He would be on his hands and knees BEGGING for his opponent to show him some mercy; then, as the opponent would come near (as if to help him up) Flair would punch him in the gonads.  LOL.  So Funny! 

Speaking of funny, I have to share this with you guys.  I apologize for the spicy language, but it is absolutely necessary for the story. 

Tony Perry is a real funny dude at times.  A few days ago after a long and hot practice, Bethel had a staff meeting.  We were all about spent for the day...just exhausted.  Perry was laying on the floor just resting while the meeting was going on (not at all unusual)  Anyway, Bethel announced that he was giving each of us 10 Shark Cards to sell to our friends and neighbors. (The sale of these discount cards ($10 a piece) go directly into our football fund.)  Perry was a little agitated and said: "I AIN'T SELLIN SHIT.  MY SHIT SAYS COACH, not SALESMAN!"    For some reason, I found this EXTREMELY FUNNY and laughed and laughed.  I know what you're thinking.....I guess you had to be there.  I am telling you again: Perry and I are related down the road somewhere.  We both are always laughing at something the other one said, or something the other one may have done.  Perry is a good friend. 

This is Sunday, and we had the entire day off!  Yeah sure.  The offense had a staff meeting at Randy's house at 3 pm.  Randy has this big media room that we can watch some video and plan for the next week's schedule.  It is game week, so we have a lot to do.  We will all be pretty focused this week.  We will limit our hitting this week so we are completely healthy for the game against Melbourne. 

 We got some pretty cool black coaching shirts for our game dress this year.  These shirts are made by Nike, and they are awesome.  We will be wearing our new black shirts with khaki pants, or perhaps the new shirts with black pants.  This will depend if we are home or away.  It seems like my entire wardrobe has SRHS Football embroidered somewhere on it.  My closet has nothing but blue and black clothing in it.  I have SRHS clothing (dating back to 1996) that I still wear.  I would have a tough time if I ever changed schools....LOL. 

Im done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment