Friday, August 17, 2012

MEDIA DAY




SHARK ATTACK

Here is a great picture of some of our players.  If you look closely, you will see that all of these kids are wearing higher numbers.  This means that all the BIG BOYS are hanging out together, and this is a great thing.  I also notice that there is a great mixture of 10th, 11th, and 12th graders in this picture as well.  Again, this is a great thing for a coach to see.  The SENIORS will show the younger players the SHARK way of doing things. 

Today was "Media Day" at Shark's Stadium, so we got a chance to show off our new Home Uniforms for the first time.  What do you think?  Personally, I like them.  Notice how tight they fit?  This is what is popular in the sport right now.  Jerseys, just like anything else in the world, have changed over the years.  I remember the heavy cotton jerseys, and I remember the "Mesh Type" jerseys.  I also remember the shorter "half" Jerseys, and the break-away type of jerseys too.  These new type jerseys are made by Nike, and I think they are awesome.  We also have new "White" uniforms for away games. 

Here is my boy MASON WILBORN (Son #2)  looking good  


ZACH FINNEGAN is a BEAST


JAMES CLARK.  Remember this name! 


Austin Hatch (Left)  Hakeem Rainey (Right)  Senior QB's 

I won't bore alot of you all with more pictures of my kids for today.  I will sprinkle a lot more photos as this blog continues down the road.  Notice I said: "My Kids?"  I consider these players "My Kids" and I love each and every one of them.  I think every coach on our staff will tell you the same thing.  We truly Love our kids. 

After media day, we had a pretty good morning practice session.  I know this much...it was sure HOT.  I was able to put together a pretty decent "Scout" team for our Defense today.  I explained to the boys:  "Look, I am not mad at any of you, but I HAVE to know who is in the huddle at any given time.  Please understand this.  Are we cool?"  Of course, every player agreed once I explained it to them, and it all went great.  Damn Defense is flying around the ball again, and I LOVE to see it.  This is going to be a really special group.  Our Defensive coaches are doing a great job.  Tomorrow, we have our final scrimmage before the season starts.  I think this session will be highly controlled, and we will not allow anyone to get injured.  I think our kids need to hit something else besides each other. 

Finally, I talked with my son (In Germany) today.  It is always great to hear from him.  Coach Miller is really fond of Mike, so Miller is naming our special teams:  "SPECIAL FORCES" in honor of my son.  I think this is SO COOL.  Miller and I are having fun forcing the Ric Flair attitude on our players, and they are all buying into it ....except most of them do not know who the hell Ric Flair actually is.  LOL.  I tell them all the time: "Go home and Google RIC FLAIR"   WHOOOOOOOOOO! 

Later. 


1 comment:

  1. Coach is right...we love these kids like our own. We spend much time and effort on these kids. All of us have lot invested in the boys and what we are doing. That is why we have so much passion about what we are doing!!! Mike... U are in our thoughts and prayer!!! Long live the 'chug a thon'

    ReplyDelete